Hello beautiful people!
I hope all is well with you. I have to say that I had a great time in May. I’ve been wanting to sport this new look for a while and you can see it through some of the photos I got below here:
Yes, I cut my hair and dyed my hair purple and I totally love it. This was done professionally. There was no way that I could accomplish this by myself. It was cut into a tapered cut and I can finally have the passionate color showing on the outside that just my mere thoughts can explain. There are few reasons why I choose this color and a tapered cut.
DOs and DONT’s of a different hair style/color
- Check out different tutorial videos and magazines to get the style you want. For my tapered cut, I’ve check out a few channels, including this one by Ask Roy
- Do some hairstyle that imitate the style you want without actually doing it. For me, it was like a faux mohawk or pinned up my hair at the back.
- Do seek the color you want and make sure it is something that can comply with your employer’s guidelines. (For my present job, I’m usually on the phones, so people do not know what I look like, plus it is acceptable among the culture).
- Make sure that you are ready to do this. It took me some time to consider this style, because I felt it was not the right time. Once I got tired of pinning up my hair, I could not wait to cut it off.
- Do it if you are following a trend. Trends are very fleeting in nature and you don’t want to be uncomfortable, when other people are not doing it anymore
- Make any regrets. Once you cut your hair, you know it is going to take some time for your hair to grow back. If you’ want to keep wearing hats because of your “bad hair” cut, then it would be a waste of time and money.
- Buy shampoos and conditioners that will strip the color of your hair. Literally your money will go down the drain, if you see your color wash away significantly everytime you wash your hair. I recommend using Loreal, Ever Pure No Sulfate shampoo and conditioner.
Overall, you should have fun and know that you are confident to rock the style you love because it is something you wanted for a long time.
In addition, you will see my new look debut at the live painting variety show with musical guests A.R. Stylez and Jazz in ” The values of a friend in paint!” on Saturday, July 7, 2018, 4pm. Tickets are $18 and you can purchase them through this link here.
Thank you and look forward to seeing you there!
For the love of God and art!